There’s something for everyone this week—take a look:
• Now through July 12, you can stream Bruce Conner’s psychedelic film LOOKING FOR MUSHROOMS in full on our website. Watch this seminal film, the artist’s first in color, then visit the exhibition on view at the Museum.
• As part of the Naomi Kawase screening series, which ends on Thursday, catch two documentaries about motherhood—one about her own upbringing, and another that follows the practices of a natural childbirth clinic dating back to the Edo period.
• Agora in the Sculpture Garden continues on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. guest artist Tal Beery leading a conversation asking How Will Art Survive Us?
• Summer Thursdays presents psychedelic R&B trio Night Beats. Their set begins at 6:30 in the Sculpture Garden (inside, in case of rain), with galleries open until 8:30 p.m.
• Our film series dedicated to director Leo McCarey, opens on Friday with the 1927 Laurel and Hardy short The Battle of the Century, one of the most sought-after “lost” films, which was discovered in nearly complete form last year.
• On Saturday, the lineup for Warm Up at MoMA PS1 includes a DJ set by DBM (Deadboy + Murlo) and a live performance by AJ Tracey. Get tickets today!
• This Sunday’s Summergarden concert features Elliot Mason & Creation, presented in conjunction with Jazz at Lincoln Center. This free event takes place after the Museum is closed, in the Sculpture Garden at 8:00 p.m.